Anyone can make a post on YouTube. All you need is a camera and an idea. But before you start, there are some things to keep in mind. This post will cover the basics of making a post on YouTube, from coming up with an idea to editing your video. So whether you’re just starting or posting videos for a while, read on for some tips to help you create better content and grow your channel.
How To Make A Post On YouTube From Desktop?
Making a post on YouTube is quite simple. By following these few simple steps, you’ll be well to becoming a YouTube sensation! So, without further ado, let’s get started!
The first thing you’ll need to do is create a YouTube account. If you already have a Google account, you can use that to sign in. Once you’re signed in, click on the “upload” button in the top right corner. This will take you to the page where you can select your video file. Choose the file you want to upload and click on the “open” button.
Once your video has been selected, you’ll see a list of options on the right side of the screen. These include things like “title,” “description,” “tags,” and “category.” Take a moment to fill out these fields so that people can easily find your video while searching for something on YouTube.
Once you’ve completed the information, click on the “publish” button. This will take you to a confirmation page where you can review your video before it goes live. If everything looks good, click on the “publish” button again. And that’s it! You’ve now created and uploaded a video on YouTube! Congratulations!
How To Make A Post On YouTube On Mobile Phones?
Making a post on YouTube using your mobile phone is easy and only takes a few minutes. Here’s how:
- Open the YouTube app on your mobile phone.
- Log in to your YouTube account.
- Tap on the camera icon in the top right corner.
- Choose whether you want to record a new video or select an existing video from your phone’s library.
- Record or select your video, and tap on the “Next” button in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Add a title, description, and tags for your video. You can also choose to make your video unlisted or private.
- Tap on the “Post” button to post your video to YouTube.
That’s all there is to it! You can now watch your video on YouTube and share it with your friends.
Things To Remember
Video Formats Supported By YouTube
To ensure that your video file is compatible with YouTube, make sure it is one of the following formats:
If your file is not in one of these formats, you can use a free video file converter to convert it to a YouTube-supported format.
Make The Video SEO Friendly And Have Attractive Thumbnails
Making your video SEO-friendly involves using keyword-rich titles and descriptions and tagging your video with relevant keywords. You should also make sure to post your video in high quality, as this will help it to rank higher in YouTube’s search results.
Having an attractive thumbnail is also essential, as this is what people will see when searching for YouTube videos. Make sure that your thumbnail is clear and concise and that it represents the content of your video.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your video is seen by as many people as possible and improve your ranking on YouTube. This will ultimately lead to more views and subscribers for your channel.
When you upload a video to YouTube, you can set its privacy setting. This determines who can view the video and how it appears on your channel. Four privacy settings exist: public, unlisted, private, and scheduled.
Public Videos: These videos can be seen by anyone and will appear in searches.
Unlisted Videos: Unlisted videos can only be seen by people with the link.
Private Videos: Private videos can only be seen by you and up to 50 other people you invite.
Scheduled Videos: Scheduled videos will be made public at a later date and time that you choose.
When uploading a video, the default privacy setting is public. If you want to change the privacy settings, click on the “Privacy” drop-down menu and select the desired setting.
If you have a YouTube channel, you can also set your default video privacy setting in your account settings. To do this, go to the “Privacy” tab in your settings and select the desired setting. You can also choose to make all future uploads private by default.
It’s important to note that changing a video’s privacy settings will not change the privacy settings of any comments or replies made on the video.
Advanced Settings Before Uploading Video
To ensure your video looks its best on YouTube, we recommend editing its advanced settings before uploading. This will allow you to fine-tune the quality and size of your video and choose whether to include captions and subtitles.
To edit your video’s advanced settings
- From the YouTube home page, click on the Upload button.
- Select the video you want to upload, then click on the Edit button.
- Under the Video Settings tab, adjust the following settings as desired:
Resolution: Choose from 360p, 480p, 720p, or 1080p. The higher the resolution, the better the video’s quality, and the larger the file size.
- Framerate: The standard framerate is 30fps, but you can also choose from 24fps or 60fps.
- Aspect Ratio: Choose from 16:9 or 4:3
- Bitrate: The higher the bitrate, the better the audio quality, and the larger the file size.
- Sampling rate: The standard sampling rate is 44.1kHz, but you can also choose from 48kHz or 96kHz.
- Under the Captions and Subtitles tab, you can choose to include captions and subtitles in your video. If you do not want to include them, uncheck the box next to “Enable captions and subtitles.”
- Once you’re finished editing your video’s settings, click the Save Changes button. Your video is now ready to upload!
After you upload your video, you can do a few things to ensure it reaches your audience.
- Share your video: Share it on your social media channels and with your email list once it is uploaded. You can also embed your video on your website or blog.
- Use annotations and cards: YouTube offers several tools that you can use to engage your viewers, such as annotations and cards. Annotations allow you to add text, links, and other information to your video, while cards let you promote other videos, playlists, or websites.
- Engage with your audience: Respond to comments on your video and interact with viewers on social media to build a community around your video.
By following these tips, you can ensure your video reaches its intended audience and gets the engagement it deserves.
Types Of Posts On YouTube
Though the most common type of content posted on YouTube is videos, the software also enables you to upload images and gifts and create text posts, playlist posts, and polls. Now we look into how we can make these other YouTube posts.
Posting a poll on YouTube is a great way to engage with your audience and get feedback on your videos.
- First, open the YouTube app and sign in to post a poll. Then, tap on the camera icon.
- Next, tap on the “Polls” icon at the bottom of the screen. This will bring up a list of poll templates that you can use.
- Once you’ve selected a template, you can add your question and choices. You can also customize the poll by adding images or videos.
- Finally, tap on “Post” to share your poll with your followers. Polls are a great way to get feedback from your audience, so be sure to use them often!
Image Or GIFS
You have the option of including up to 5 photos with your post. Click the image to choose pictures or moving GIFs from your computer.
Before you post an image or gif on YouTube, follow a few guidelines to ensure your image is engaging and informative.
- Choose an image that is high quality and relevant to the video you are posting.
- Make sure the image is properly sized for YouTube. The recommended size for YouTube images is 640×360 pixels.
- Shortly describe the image in the text box below the image. This will help viewers understand what they see and why it applies to the video.
By following these simple guidelines, you can ensure that your images and gifs are engaging and informative and that they add value to your YouTube videos.
Posting playlists from artists you like is possible if the Community posts setting is turned on.
Copy the URL after opening the playlist you want to share. Paste it into the text box when making your Community post.
So, there you have it – your complete guide on how to make a post on YouTube. By following these simple steps and using the right formats, you should be able to create engaging, informative videos that will keep your viewers coming back for more. What are you waiting for? Start filming!